This design by Jen of Banner Events was part of Bird’s Party Magazine and done specifically for Father’s Day, but I think these ideas would be super for Men’s Birthday’s, Baby Showers (duh), and of course boy’s birthday’s too. Check out the amazing details for 3 different party areas: seated table, dessert “shelf” display, and drinks. You’ll be smitten by it all!
From Jen: “To create our look, we covered an executive-style office desk with an earth toned tablecloth, added a ‘putting green’ runner (astro turf from a home improvement store works great!), some burlap for the sandtrap, a few containers of artificial grass & the basics were covered for one tee-riffic party! Of course, Bird’s Golf themed party printables help to tie in the theme, add a pop of color, and bring extra pizzazz that make celebrations go from ordinary to extraordinary. From the adorable par-tee banner to the coordinating drink wraps & circle labels, it was the ‘par’fect touch!”
- To add some interest to our par-tee, I filled jars and containers with artificial grass balls, color coordinating golf tees, plastic practice golf balls, etc.
- If you’re dad is an avid golfer, finding old golf paraphanelia around your home shouldn’t be hard. I used a pair of golf shoes, a golf statue, some old golf clubs and an old trophy to bring in some personal items to our display.
- Old rustic silver pails, glass apothecary jars & vessels were all used to house coordinating themed treats & decor.
- Golf silhouettes and printable subway art were hung in picture frames on the wall to coordinate.
- Jones Soda bottles and water bottles were accented with drink wraps, cute party straws, golf tees & mini golf pennant flags.
- Darling cupcakes with grass-like frosting were perched atop styrofoam covered in astroturf.
- The cutest putting green & golf ball cake pops were nestled in spray painted plastic trophies purchased at the dollar store & an old metal pail filled with green shred to resemble grass.
- No celebration is complete without an array of coordinating sweet treats. The highlight of our dessert buffet, included a beautiful cake where gorgeous details from the printables were recreated, from the striking argyle pattern, to the golf landscape & oversized golf ball and tee.
- Incredibly detailed fondant pieces were masterfully designed by Edible Details.
- Three dimensional golf clubs accessorized our peanut ‘putter’ parfaits ‘par’-fectly!
- I adore the 3-D golf balls, that sat impressively atop real golf tees in the centers of gourmet cupcakes made to resemble patches of grass. And, the golf cart fondant toppers were phenomenal!
- Cookies Are My Canvas captured the beauty of Bird’s printables on a cookie!
- Sweet Temptations also provided delicious golf-themed chocolate covered Oreos, great for everyone celebrating Dad”
Jen cleverly incorporated some specialty dessert items for a stunning look. The complete list of credits is below, but if you need to follow a budget you can choose 1 to 3 items to help pull off the look. You will still get great results and wow your guests.
Here are some more ideas from Jen, to add a play on words to your food for a golf themed party: A “full course” menu could include items such as “club” sandwiches, a “wedge” salad, “greens”, “chips” & dip and “water hazzard” bottles of water.
Styling – Jen Carver, Banner Events / Photography – A Fresh Take Photography / Printable Graphics – Bird’s Party / Cake – Celebrity Cake Studio / Cupcakes – Wanna Cupcake? / Cake Pops - Pop.O.Licious Cake Pops / Fondant (golf clubs, golf bag, cupcake toppers) - Edible Details / Cookies – Cookies Are My Canvas / Chocolate Covered Oreos – Sweet Temptations / Artisan Chocolates – Vita Dolce Chocolates
Courtesy of Celebrations at Home